I don't know why I am so wary about men
And that I feel threatened whenever I am in their presence
Somehow, there's something in their nature that holds me back
I can’t behave normally and keep my cool.
Almost always I find myself fidgeting
And at the end of my nerves
Just about ready to crack
Even at a mere sound formed by them.
Perhaps, it's due to my insecurity
Or even to my fear of being rejected
Or perhaps, I still can't get it into my head
I'm neither beautiful nor pretty.
I have my worst fears that somehow,
If I felt deeply for a man
And he does not return my affection
I'll be hurt forever.
It is this apprehension
That seems to put me at a distance,
Or avoid any kind of contact
Not even a side glance.
I'll have to and must accept the fact
That no man will ever look twice at me;
It is only a figment of my imagination if someone tried,
There isn't an inch of me to be desired.
No comments:
Post a Comment