I used to dream that the time would come
When I would fall in love with someone who feels the same way I do
And there you were....
At first, I wasn't prepared to let you into my heart
And I was scared because it seemed impossible.
Yet in your own way you showed me
How much I mean to you.
You were never short of words to say,
Nor were you thrifty with your hugs and kisses.
Your time with me seemed endless
And you had no thought of yourself, not even your health,
Since you were always there with me and for me.
But suddenly things have changed.
Maybe you were disgruntled by my insecurities
You've gotten tired after the way I've been treating you
'Cause I was still dissatisfied despite all that you've showered me with.
At the back of my mind was the fear that you'll soon leave me.
Painful words and bitter thoughts I've thrown at you
Which all but pushed you over the edge and farther away from me.
I even threatened to put an end to our love affair
But it never materialized.
Because it wasn't that easy to let you go.
Hence, in the end, you've found someone new
She was truly appreciative of what you do.
She never withheld her feelings and thoughts from you the way I did.
She even had the temerity to demand attention from you and confronted me in person.
Eventually, I found out the truth, from you, nonetheless
To deny that I was shattered is inconceivable
But I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised
And yet the pain cuts through the heart
For I harbored the thought that despite my behavior,
You still remain faithful,
That deep inside your heart,
I'm the only woman who've really touched you and made you whole.
Now, I have to live with the truth and face the reality,
That when I turned you away, you're not coming back for good.
I guess, this is never a relationship worth keeping
And that you're not the man worth remembering.
I put an end to the past and look forward to the future
of meeting someone out there truly meant for me and still within reach.
If I set my heart and mind to finding MY MAN.
No comments:
Post a Comment