Sunday, October 4, 2009

WHAT IFS?

What if I pursued my own interests instead of submitting to the will of my parents, will I be as busy as I am now? What if I became an engineer and not a physician, will I be spending the time concocting some magic cure or chemical of good use? what if... what if?
How many of us have spent our time thinking about what if something like this or like that were to happen or what if I've done this rather than that, will it change the world we're living in... maybe, maybe not.
You start to ponder about what if you become detached from reality and dream big dreams. You lose some precious time... seconds, minutes. or even hours doing nothing. Let the bulk of your work go unfinished despite the deadline. Who wouldn't want a respite to recharge your exhausted brain cells, still those restless limbs, and close those tired eyes just to think about what if?
What if I won the lottery, will I spend the million pesos or even dollars buying a new car, a house and lot, and those modern gadgets which I crave for? Or will I do something noble like giving a part of it to charity or tithing?
What if traffic was non-existent, would it increase the incidence of road accidents because people will drive their cars at high speed?
What if I smiled at the gorgeous looking man next to me, would he smile back or ignore me?
What if that hunk do smile at me, will I have the nerve to talk to him?
What if I did speak to him, will he invite me out?
What if he did ask me for a date, will I accept?
What if I agreed to meet him, will it be a night to remember or an evening with a bore?
Just believe that it is not what if which is important but having the courage to face life and the consequences of our actions no matter what it would be or what we decide to do in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment