Sunday, November 1, 2009

A DESPERATE PLEA

I've always thought that when you truly love someone, it's an emotion that stands the test of time. I just realized that to genuinely love someone, you must accept him, warts and all. It is a choice that you make and not the feeling that leaves you breathless.

When you found out that he decided to let you go because he cannot take the burden that you're carrying, do you thank him for his honesty and accept his decision? Or do you explain that it's not a burden that you want to pass on?

Is it okay for you to say that you choose to just continue the friendship and the business relationship because you no longer want to come between a man and his family? Or once his divorce is finalized, do you actually suggest that he looks for a younger and healthier woman who can give him the daughter that he wants and the family that he always dreamed of?

But what if in his choice, he ended up getting hurt, will you be able to help him go back on his feet and act as if nothing happened? Will you be able to say that you weren't meant to be and that you will continue to be his friend for life and that you'll pray that he gets the physical as well as the emotional and mental wellness that he needs?

I opted to do all these and more. I decided to bring him to my friends and help them both. I was willing to go an extra mile even if it means getting hurt. I had to withstand his insults and his comments because I knew deep inside that he desperately needed my help. He even had the nerve to reprimand me when I talked to his girlfriend. I was the one who even said sorry.

My friend already told me that I am nothing to you. I am just a necessary convenience. Once I've done my part and helped you both, I'm finally letting go and just let my mom deal with you. I don't know until when I can last until I finally break down. I can't afford to let you know and more so my mom or other people discover that you still have the power to affect me.

I will just wait and remain where I am. Let the Holy Spirit guide me. Through prayers and with God's help, I will finally find peace in my heart and in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment